This policy covers all our interactions with our customers, business partners and anyone who is not an employee or contractor of WtR. This policy covers how we collect and process personal data via our site and the cookies we apply there. It also applies to how we process personal data generally in our business.
The Site is operated by Walk the Room AB ( Company number: 556829-0505 SE).
For the purposes of European and UK data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is:
Walk the Room AB c/o Garage 56
Data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, newsletter, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include:
- information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- your photos and calendar where you choose to allow us access;
- a link to your social media account profiles if you choose to provide this, for example, the web address for your LinkedIn profile i.e. linkedin.com/username;
- information about your job title including details about your role, name of employer, industry, skills and expertise;
- communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them; and
- information from promotions or competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the site or any social media, if you choose to respond to, or participate in.
You are under no obligation to provide any of the information listed above. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services or to work with you.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site or when you visit us in person, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with WtR. We aim to ensure that you cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- information relating to transactions with us involving you or the person that you work for, (for example, details of services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties (any party that refers you to us or provides us with services relating to you, for example). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We trust and work with our suppliers closely asking them to stay compliant with rules and regulations in providing their services to us.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you.
Adjust cookie preferences
Some of the cookies and other similar technologies used by the site and applications are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. We may use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies
- Performance cookies
- Functional cookies
- Overview on cookies currently used on our website
- Necessary cookies
Necessary cookies are cookies that are essential for the operation of our website. These cookies enable core functions such as security, network management and accessibility. Necessary cookies are automatically activated and you can only disable these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may affect the way the website works.
- Performance Cookies
Performance cookies serve the purpose of optimising the performance of the website and improving the experience for the user. For this purpose, performance cookies are used to collect and analyse information about the use of the website by visitors. This information includes details about the browser and operating system used, the URL from which users came to our website, the pages accessed or the time a user spent on these pages. Performance cookies are not used to create user profiles.
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies are primarily used to make the use of our website as pleasant as possible for the user by storing information that has already been entered – for example language selection or login data – so that you do not have to re-enter this information each time you visit our website. Furthermore, this data enables us to personalise the use of the website for you, for example by adjusting the corresponding currency details. Finally, we require functional cookies for certain functions on the website, such as playing videos.
- Cookie settings
Necessary cookies are automatically set when you visit our website. Other non-necessary cookies are deactivated and will only be dropped if you give your prior consent. You may continue with only these necessary cookies by clicking “Continue with necessary cookies only” in the cookie banner. Alternatively, you can consent to all non-necessary cookies by pressing the button “Accept all cookies” in the cookie banner.
Most web browsers allow a certain control of many cookies over the browser settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see which cookies have been set, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the site you may not be able to take full advantage of the site (as the case may be). Methods for disabling the most common cookies on the most common browsers are set out below.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- Companies belonging to the same group as WtR (e.g. Walk the Room s.r.o., ID 06048706 with its registered seat at Bolzanova 1615/1, 110 00 Prague 1, Czechia;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (e.g. google drive, IT suppliers for storage). Legal basis for this disclosure is that it is necessary for performance of the contract between us;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy and your consent.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if WtR or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case it is our legitimate interest to transfer to make the personal data held by it about its customers to be one of the transferred assets. Legal basis for this processing is that it is in our legitimate interests.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you. Legal bases for this disclosure will depend upon the nature of the disclosure but may be the fulfilment of a contract with you or a third party, compliance with a legal obligation; or the pursuit of our legitimate interest to protect the rights, property, or safety of WtR, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or Applications; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or at well known third parties (CRM, Accountant system and such).
We retain personal data until you decide to unsubscribe. This may include retention necessary to meet to identify issues or resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal or to any other existing legal justification of the processing activity in question – withdraw your consent at any time;
- to require to not be subject to any automated decision making which produce legal effects on you or affect you with similar significance;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party in a structured and machine-readable format;
- to take legal actions as well as to lodge a complaint before the competent data protection regulators.
Additionally, you shall be entitled to object to the Processing of your Personal Data:
- at any time, if your personal data is used for direct marketing purposes; and based on grounds relating to your particular situation, if your personal data is processed for other purposes.
You can also object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment. We may contact you if we feel there is a relevant opportunity to collaborate together. However, you may at any time give us notice to opt out.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time, raise a query about this policy, or amend your preferences, by contacting us at: email@example.com
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority.
Handing over personal data to third countries
Provided you are fully informed, your personal data can be handed over to third countries (see Walk the Room, s.r.o.) or an international organisation in accordance with Article 13(1)(f) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, only if suitable guarantees and conditions for the enforceability of your rights as a data subject and effective legal protection are provided (in particular based on a decision by the EU Commission and standard clauses on personal data protection in accordance with Article 46 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
Changes to this policy
Walk the Room c/o Garage 56